Could you use some extra help with PR or marketing for your business or nonprofit?
- You manage PR or marketing for your company. Your plate’s overflowing, but there are no resources to hire a new team member to pick up the slack. Having a trained practitioner on call for a few hours a week to take a few of your to-dos off your list – maybe draft social copy or manage posts for your company blog – would be a huge boost.
- Your nonprofit does not have a PR or marketing manager. Outreach efforts fall to the development team who are swamped. You could use someone who can help you think strategically about your approach and help you execute in targeted ways, such as maintaining your social media presence or identifying the right media outlets to pitch for a news story.
- You run a small business. A Chief Everything Officer, you would love to have the expertise of a PR or marketing agency to help you spread the word about the amazing work you’re doing, but the price tag is out of your budget.
You have a couple of options …
- Stick with the status quo.
- Hire and train an intern or young professional.
- Give me a call.
I’m Colby Reade, and I can help.
I call myself a “strategic tactician” because I have the experience to understand the strategic needs and demands of your organization, but I have the passion to get my hands dirty and tackle the execution.
I’m an award-winning, highly skilled, APR-accredited* professional with more than a decade working in PR and marketing.
My resume includes work for a wide variety of brands, including Microsoft, Alcatel-Lucent, Avangrid Renewables, JELD-WEN, The Portland Clinic, HEALTHWORKS, WVDO, Oregon Dog Rescue, SMART, Echosec, Powerdrive and PRSA PDX. For more on my history, check out my bio page.
I don’t want to be your new, in-house PR guy and I don’t want to sign you to an extensive agency contract. I want to be your communications resource.
- I want to help you make sure your social media channels are active, vibrant and engaging in ways that contribute to your bottom line.
- I want to take your company’s blog off your plate and make sure you are publishing informative, impactful stories that your target audience will enjoy.
- I want to help you figure out which reporters will care about your upcoming news story and then I want to help you craft a pitch that will get the right kind of attention.
- I want to train your CEO to navigate upcoming media interviews or prep your bench of spokespeople for briefings.
- I want to tackle those updates you’ve been meaning to tackle for your company’s media kit for the last six months (or start your company’s media kit if none exists).
- I want to help you put a crisis communications plan on paper so your company is prepared for an emergency.
- I want to help you craft messaging and copy that will engage your donors, volunteers and board for your monthly newsletter.
If one or more of those items on that list jumps out at you, let’s chat about how I can help.
*APR is the nation’s only professional accreditation for the PR field earned through a year-long vetting process.